Venue History

Culture and Convention Centre ‘Het Pand’

‘Het Pand’, a former Dominican monastery, is located in the historical centre of the city, on the banks of the river Leie.

The oldest parts of this impressive building date from the 13th century. During five centuries it was extended and refashioned in different styles. In 1956 it was put on the list of classified premises. Since its rehabilitation and restoration, finished in 1991, it became the Culture and Convention Centre of Ghent University.

The beautiful historical rooms of ‘Het Pand’ are used for conferences, workshops and cultural events. ‘Het Pand’ houses some valuable collections, such as the rich ethnographical and archaeological collections of Ghent University, the Museum for the History of Medicine, full-size photographs of paintings of Bruegel and Early Dutch Masters, and an interesting collection of stained glass.

‘Het Pand’ is located at Onderbergen, 1, in the immediate vicinity of ‘Sint-Michiels’- Church, in the heart of the city centre.

More information on Het Pand : www.ugent.be/het-pand/en 

If you wish to read more about the history of ‘Het Pand’ : http://www.ugent.be/het-pand/en/history